I read this article today, and thought it was very interesting. Microsoft is asking its users to upgrade from using Internet Explorer 6. This caught me a little by surprise, since they are now putting out a release candidate for IE 9. I would have to admit that it is rare that I even use Internet Explorer. I think the last time I used it was when I upgraded to windows 7. I used it to get online so I could download Chrome, and Firefox. I have yet to find a site that does not run on either of those. It makes me wonder how internet Explorer has fallen from grace in the eyes of most of us. Did Microsoft get too big for its own good? Where they trying to release as much as possible and the quality of the product suffered? Are Firefox, and Chrome, just a much better product?
On that subject, as I begin in web design, I have found that because of the differences in web browsers, it has become impossible to just design a page and have it work on all browsers the same. Why? Are the differences between all browsers that big? Can’t we all just get along for the sake of the designer, and the users? That will be a post for another time; I will have to find out more about that.
No comments:
Post a Comment